- 1 large garlic cloves – pressed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves – lightly crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves – lightly crushed
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil – divided
- 4-6 thick lamb loin chops
Mix the first 4 ingredients and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large bowl. Add the lamb loin chops, turn to coat. Let the marinate sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a heavy large ovenproof skillet over heat.
- Add lamb loin chops.
- Cook until browned about 2 minutes each side.
- Transfer skillet to oven and roast lamb loin chops to desired doneness – about 8 minutes for medium-rare.
- Transfer lamb to platter, cover and let rest for 5 minutes.