- 4 Lamb Shanks
- 1 Cup Red Wine
- ½ Cup Port
- 6 Cups Of Water
- 800g Tinned White Beans
- 1 Bunch Parsley finely chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 Punnet Cherry Tomatoes
- In a hot oven roast lamb shanks until they are coloured.
- Place in a saucepan the shanks, water, wine and port.
- Place on the stove and simmer for 4-6 hours.
- When ready set aside, with 1 cup of liquid and reduce remaining liquid until sauce consistency.
- In a fry pan sauté fine diced onion and garlic until clear. Add strained white beans and add to frypan. Toss together for 2 minutes.
- Add the 1 cup of un reduced liquid, the chopped parsley and a punnet of halved cherry tomatoes and simmer for 3 minutes.
- To serve place a portion of bean mix in a large and place one lamb shank on top.
- Drizzle with the reduced sauce.