- 1.5 kg pork belly (Scored and salted)
- Caramel - 2 cups sugar, enough white vinegar to cover sugar, 50g julienned fresh red chillies (de-seeded)
- Put pork belly in oven Place pork belly in a pan with 1/2 cup of water in the bottom (or enough to cover bottom of pan). Place pan on rack in oven and cook at 230 degrees for 30-40 minutes until skin is crisp. Lower heat to 170 degrees for 3 hours.
- Let rest once cooked.
- While resting, lightly pan fry scallops for in hot pan with a drizzle of olive oil 1 minute each side until slightly brown
- Make caramel by combining ingredients in saucepan and reducing on low heat until golden brown.
- Serve pork belly topped with scallops and drizzled with caramel.